Summer: Fri., 7/19

Molly, Andrew, and I got up early today to go to the bike trail. I biked, and Molly and Andrew ran. It's so nice to be on the trail in the morning. What a beautiful place. The trail is perfectly maintained, the river down below. It's one of my favorite places.

Andrew and I had some Soisson House business to take care of at the bank later in the morning, which went very well.

Then we set off on a new adventure: the kids, Molly, Andrew, and I went to the Flatwoods Pool in Vanderbilt. It was in the high 90s, sweltering, and my girls had been asking all week for a pool. It was a really fun day. The pool isn't huge, but it has a lot to do--two sets of different waterslides, a diving board, and a regular swimming area. Splash pools for littler kids. Our kids jumped off the diving board a million times and went down all the slides. We all had fun and stayed for about three hours.

Mom made a delicious summer dinner when we returned--sloppy joes, corn on the cob, green beans, mac and cheese--and then we went to Trailside Treats for dessert. I have a deep love of their color-changing spoons and, to Andrew's chagrin, wrapped ours in a napkin to take home as I always do. We have quite a collection. Also--one of the offered flavors today was Toasted Marshamallow. Amazing.

I know it sounds insane, and maybe it is, but Andrew, Molly, and I got the kids ready for bed tonight and all settled in with Mom reading books, and then we went ONE LAST TIME to Gabe's. It's like we're addicted. I didn't find too much this time, but I did get a cute necklace and pouch and pair of shoes. I think I finally, after four visits, managed to look at everything.

Comments