Summer: Thurs., 7/18

Molly, the kids, and I went for a bike ride on the trail this morning, going farther than we normally go. Lucia had a tiny spill on the way back--she was fine--and while we were stopped, we saw a tiny brown tree frog hop across the path, as well as a daddy long legs. That was exciting.

The kids spent the afternoon playing croquet, riding their bikes around the block, and having a long water fight, while Molly and I went to Gabe's. Even though I'd just gone to this same Gabe's with Andrew a few days ago, I saw it with fresh eyes, and got a big pile of stuff. My haul included jeans, two bathing suits, a jumpsuit, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, a cover-up, a dress, and more. 

Molly and I went up to the attic later in the afternoon and gathered two bags for donations and one bag of trash. Little by little we'll tame that space. Today we focused on clearing the closet, which was stuffed full of formal dresses from twenty-five years ago. Most went in the donation pile, but a few went into a pile I'll take home for the girls' dress-up collection.  

After that Molly played football with Luca and Lucia, and Greta and I took a bike ride around the neighborhood.

Tonight Uncle Don and Aunt Joanie came over for a visit, seeing the kids briefly before they went up for bed. They were both wild and completely exhausted. They pack a lot of activity into their days.

Comments