Summer: Sun., 7/14 - Mon., 7/15

More Connellsville fun on Sunday. In the morning Andrew, the kids, and I went on another trail bike ride (Andrew ran), and this time Greta did wonderfully. The new bike was the trick. We rode three miles and Greta only stopped once the whole way, at the turnaround spot. I love riding with them. 

We delivered the girls home and ate a quick lunch, then Andrew and I went to the Uniontown Gabe's. Both of us had great hauls, especially Andrew. We also stopped at Rural King so I could get some shoes for Greta. For some reason Rural King has a cute selection of Birkenstock-style sandals for girls. She loved the pair she got last year but grew out of them, so I got her a new pair. Of course we also looked at the selection of live animals and were horrified to see the large tub of "meat birds," which were just cute little chicks. 

While we were gone, the girls had a water fight with Mom and Dad.

At night, Andrew and I drove in to Pittsburgh to have dinner with Beth C., Nate, Anne, and Joe. We went to a restaurant called Senti in Lawrenceville, then out for a drink at Cinderlands. It was a really fun night. Always fun to hang out in Pittsburgh. Mom and Dad watched the kids, and they had a viewing of Cinderella (the Lily James version). 


Mon., 7/15

Andrew drove back to Pittsburgh this morning to work in the Pittsburgh office for the day. The girls and I took a bike ride around the neighborhood and visited our old Sycamore house. We went to the Dollar Tree and Martin's to get ingredients for slime, and some groceries. While we were there, two Mailegs fell out of Mom's shirt, onto the floor. Greta--as she is wont to do--put the Mailegs down Mom's shirt earlier in the day, and somehow they both forgot they were still there. Someone Mom was talking to alerted her to the fallen mice. I can't even imagine the hysteria we would have faced if Greta had lost two of her beloved Mailegs. When we got home, the girls made slime with Pop Pop.

After slime-making and lunch, the girls, Mom, and I went to Linda's house to play in her magical yard. Beth L. and her girls were there too, and the kids all had fun together. 

Mom made pesto with grilled chicken for dinner, and then we had dessert at DQ. Then Mom and Dad drove the girls home and I went to Scottdale, where Rachael's mom's book club had invited me to their meeting--they'd read Each Vagabond by Name. I'd planned to just Skype in, but since I was in town I visited in person. 

 



Comments