Quarantine: Sat. 5/9

Yesterday the kids were looking at the Lego website and grew hysterically excited about a set called the Lego Friends Friendship Bus. They told me they wanted to use their own money to buy one, and I said that sounded great, and that we'd order it tomorrow (which is now today). Of course, when we went to order it today, it was backordered for 60 days. It was unavailable on Amazon and Walmart except through third-party sellers who'd tripled the price. The only place that had any at all--and thank the Lord they had two--was a Target in Parsippany. I ordered for same-day pickup, and in a few hours we loaded ourselves into the car (Farrah too) and drove to Parsippany. What else were we going to do today? It's actually not too far. And I didn't even have to go into the store--they were handling pickups outside. Win win. The girls were thrilled and built for the rest of the afternoon.

It's a cute set--like an RV. There's a little frying pan with an egg in it.

I folded laundry, took Farrah for a walk, read, "went" to a literary reading on Zoom, and watched it snow briefly. (When I walked Farrah I was in a winter coat, hat, gloves, and scarf.) I also got a few emails, texts, and tags from people who've received The Distance from Four Points--nineteen days before its actual release! Godspeed, little book. It's out there whether I'm ready or not. Someone might be reading about Robin and Cindy as I type this. I don't know what to compare the feeling to. It's just very very strange. And of course also good and exciting!

Dinner was meatloaf, baked potatoes, and sauteed zucchini with tomatoes. The kids watched Abominable and loved it. We're on a roll with good movie choices.

What We're Reading Etc.

I just asked Andrew if he read anything boring today, and he said, "Everything I read is fascinating."





Comments