Quarantine: Tues. 5/12 - Wed. 5/13

Forgot to blog yesterday. And now I forget yesterday.

I do know I forgot to blog because instead of writing a post while the girls showered, I was helping each one clean their disastrous, inaccessible room.

Lucia and Greta have begun referring to each other as "Skoots" and "Temberley." Greta is Skoots and Lucia is Temberley. I don't know what the names mean. I'm assuming these are their quarantine names. Should I have a quarantine name? Should you?

Greta has been modifying her Lego Friends figures with odd adornments on their heads.

Lucia hated the dinner I made tonight so much that she called it a "bowl of nightmares." It was an egg roll bowl. I'd given her a bowl of ramen as well, which she called a "bowl of dreams." Every time she ate a bite of the egg roll bowl, she said, "I hate this so much."

Today, in quick succession, I did a podcast interview over the phone, fielded inquiries about a real estate matter I cannot speak of lest I jinx, corresponded and signed documents for a matter related to the real estate matter I cannot speak of, and saw pictures of my book floating around social media as people announced its arrival in their homes. It's a head-spinning time.

My fifty pounds of flour arrived today.

A roll of camouflage-pattern duct tape arrived today.

Farrah chewed up a pair of Andrew's ear buds today, as well as a handful of Legos.

We still have squirrels running around in the ceiling. The nuisance wildlife guy was back yesterday to check up on how the eviction is going and said things are fine, that they'll make their way out. It is AWFUL to hear them running around up there at night. Very unsettling.







Comments