Quarantine: Sun. 5/10 (Mother's Day)

Quarantine Mother's Day! Normally I take myself shoe shopping for Mother's Day and choose a couple of pairs of new sandals for the summer, but Andrew and the girls made it a great day even without the ability to venture out. Andrew ordered donuts for delivery from Krispy Kreme (donuts are a Mother's Day tradition here), and I read in bed for a while before they arrived. L&G each made me a wonderful collage, and Andrew got me a handbag (anticipating the day when I'll need a handbag again) and a subscription to a monthly houseplant delivery. The kids worked on their Lego Friends Friendship Buses. Later, we walked up to the reservation. For dinner, Andrew made baked tilapia, summer squash with tomatoes, and a spectacular pineapple upside-down cake.

A lovely day all around. Happy Mother's Day, all.







Comments