Summer: Sat., 8/31

Puppy day!!!!!

I'll say this here: I think we've gotten the sweetest little pup in the world. She's sleeping on the couch next to Andrew right now. She hasn't had even one accident all day. She's played and napped and charmed the neighbors. She's perfect.

But I digress.

We were all so excited this morning when we headed to Hillsborough Township. We got there right at 11 and went into the office. First we got to take a look at our baby--off in a side room, in a small play area with her pink-collar chocolate sister. The breeder took her out and let Lucia and Greta take her outside to a fenced-in play area, while Andrew and I did all the paperwork. She was cuter than we even remembered. (Her pink-collared sister does have a home. I asked. I was worried.)

After all the paperwork and payment was complete, we got to bring her home. Her: Farrah. It's a decadently beautiful and sophisticated name for our small cute pup. It suits her.

Farrah sat on my lap in the car, and I sat in the backseat between the kids. Farrah whimpered a little during the drive, and it made me cry. We were taking her away from her siblings. She's never known a second of being alone, without any other puppies around her. We all felt so sad to be taking her away. She eventually dozed off.

She was tentative about exploring when we got home, definitely not running through the house like a madpuppy. We took her through all the downstairs rooms. We showed her her toys and water bowl. We tried to give her some food and treats, but she didn't want them. When she began whimpering a little, I took her outside, and she peed. All day, she peed outside. Not one accident.

She perked up after a little while and liked chasing a tennis ball with L&G. She went into her crate a few times to play with the toys in there. She took several long naps, under the coffee table and then under a couch. Some neighbors were having people over, so we went to introduce her--I kept her in my arms, since she hasn't been vaccinated yet, but she tired of this and really wanted to get down and walk around. So I took her home. We can't risk her getting one of these terrible puppy viruses.

The girls loved having her walk around their rooms, and she visited each of them to say goodnight. After the girls were in bed, Andrew and I and Farrah came downstairs, and Farrah has been asleep on the couch ever since. She is so tired. We fear we're going to be in trouble later tonight, when she's going to suddenly wake up and be ready to play at 3am. I'm so worried she's going to cry tonight when we put her in her crate (her sleeping crate is right beside my side of the bed). I know it's important to crate train.....but knowing she's sad and confused about leaving her siblings is going to test my resolve.

This little squish. She is too cute. I've started an Instagram account for her: @farrahthedoodle

We chose well. She's the best. So calm and sweet. Exactly the right pup for our family.


Comments