Summer: Wed., 8/28 - Fri., 8/30

It's finally happened: I missed a few days of summer blogging. My excuse is simple: this entire week has been a blur of checking email five hundred times a day. We have been on pins and needles ever since sending in our puppy choices on Sunday, waiting for an email from the breeder telling us which puppy will be ours. It's all we can think about. I don't even remember too much about what we did the past few days. No clue. I just kept refreshing my email, hoping for that message.

FINALLY, this morning, right before Andrew left for work, the email came. I'll save the announcement for tomorrow, puppy pickup day--but I'll say that we are all VERY VERY VERY EXCITED. Beyond excited. Now that we know which one is ours, it feels wrong that she's not here with us. It's time for her to come home. We're waiting for her. She doesn't know it yet, but she has a wonderful home and family waiting for her. She is already so loved and we don't even have her yet. Today has lasted a thousand hours.

We're ready. We have a name; we have toys and supplies and treats; we have a big bag of dogfood; I've made her Instagram account. (A note on that: Andrew has expressly forbidden me from writing photo captions in the puppy's voice. But I've been following countless labradoodle accounts for months now, and it's just what's done. OVERRULED.)

We're picking her up from Cream Puff Farms tomorrow at 11am. Our puppy!

Comments