Summer: Thurs., 8/22

We were up at 4:30am last night because Greta was woken up by a cricket in her room. We tried our best to find it but couldn't, even though its chirp was insanely loud. We must have startled it enough with our noise and lights, though, because it was quiet after that and we all went back to sleep.

The cleaners came this morning so the girls and I ran a bunch of errands. We went to DSW and Nordstrom Rack and both girls got sneakers for school. We went to Target and the post office.

We came home and had lunch, and the girls were all over the map--playing, arguing, playing, arguing. It was driving me nuts. I was too tired to even intervene too much, but I did loudly announce I GUESS FROM ALL THIS ARGUING YOU MUST BE REALLY EXCITED FOR SCHOOL TO START, and of course Lucia was like, "I AM really excited about school." Whatever. I definitely had moments today when I felt ready for school to start. I have so much to do, just so much, and I will be glad to have some hours in the day to work again.

At two we went to the pool, and they totally rallied and we stayed for three and a half hours. Back to summer bliss. They came home and played with the tinker space. Andrew came home. We had leftovers for dinner.

I'm not sure I mentioned this but we brought two monarch butterfly caterpillers home with us from NH, with a bunch of milkweed, and I bought a butterfly habitat for them. We now have two chrysalis hanging from the roof of the habitat, and several tiny baby catepillars that have hatched from eggs in the milkweed. The only thing monarch butterfly caterpillars eat is milkweed. And guess what I don't have any more of: milkweed. Not good. The bigger caterpillers that are close to making a chyrsalis will apparantly eat butternut squash (says Google), but the little ones--I need to find some milkweed.

Comments