Summer: Fri. 7/10 (NH)

We were all a little tired from rafting today. L&G spent a large part of the morning in their pj's, playing in their room with their Legos. Andrew had to work, and I read in my hammock. After lunch, I read Harry Potter to the kids and then the three of us headed to the pond. The kids swam and played, and I floated in a raft. It was so hot today that I actually got INTO THE POND--I slid off the edge of my raft and completely submerged myself in the middle of the pond, where the water is deepest and there's fewer of the algae / lily pad tentacles. I didn't stay in for long. I do not like being in the pond. But I did appreciate how cooled off I felt after the dip.

A few hours later, the kids were back to Legos, and I was back to reading. There was some unrest; they alternated between playing and reading and annoying each other by insisting on knowing what page the other was on. When Andrew finished working, we rallied everyone back to the pond, where Andrew swam and even took Farrah into the water. She seemed less horrified this time and swam for a teeny bit longer of a distance. She is so uncomfortable on these very hot days. The swim seemed to make her feel better.

Then it was time to get dinner going. The girls took my phone and took some very very funny pictures of themselves. After dinner (grilled chicken with penne and zucchini), they took some videos. They're always so tickled to see themselves on screen. (Also, Greta discovered the B&W picture setting, so we're looking extra artsy right now.)













Comments