Summer: Wed. 7/15 (NH)

I went through this entire day thinking it was Tuesday. That aside, we had a nice day. The girls and I did our do-over trip to Books-A-Million after breakfast. I returned the Violent Cat Death books, and Greta chose three new ones. She's most excited about one called Rules of the Ruff, about a little girl who becomes a dog walker. (I read a bunch of reviews right there in the bookstore to make sure all the dogs don't get hit by a car, etc.) She also chose one called The Bookwanderers, and the first book in a series called City of Ember. Lucia chose the second book in the Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond series because there is NO WAY SHE COULD WAIT to get this one since she read the first one yesterday.

It was a very mild day, not too hot, and we spent the day kind of lazily. Greta got right to reading, and Lucia and I played two games of Rummikub. Then we went to the pond for a little while, but it wasn't quite warm enough to swim, so we all ended up just reading by the pond. Next: a break for cookies and Harry Potter. Then the girls played with their Legos and I read and made Rice Krispie treats.

Dinner was hot dogs cooked over the fire pit, and then s'mores and lots of playing with burning sticks.







Comments

Kari said…
Has your child read Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor? My son and I read that book together when he was younger. We LOVED it. =)