Summer: Tues. 7/21

Another full day at home. The kids were in the pool from 11am till 5:30pm, breaking only when I brought out a little tray of lunch for them. Everytime I looked outside, they were doing something new: snorkeling around and around, balancing their American Girl dolls on a towel stretched over a donut float, one girl holding up the donut float and the other girl hurling beach balls at it, etc etc. On and on, all day. Best summer investment ('investment') ever. Why didn't we ever think of this before?

I did some library outreach for my book, picked up a couple of books I'd ordered from our local bookstore, did all the laundry, and repacked a few things, because tomorrow we're leaving for a visit to PA. The girls are so excited. We've been completely isolated in NH for three weeks, so we feel like it's safe for us to go. Things are so scary again. Andrew and I also gave Farrah a much-needed bath.

Tonight I visited a (socially distancing) book club to discuss The Distance from Four Points, always such a fun thing to do.

These pictures of Andrew and Farrah were taken at some point today when I wasn't looking. Farrah is Andrew's little shadow. If he takes a step, she takes a step. If he goes to another room, she goes to another room. She gazes up at him expectantly, clearly saying okay--now what? where are we going now? It's the cutest. She's won him over completely.




Comments