Quarantine: Fri. 4/10

No homeschool today, yet the day still felt crazy busy. After a healthy breakfast of Lucky Charms (for the kids, not me), I took Farrah for a walk and then returned home for a family game of Blokus. Then the kids disappeared for a while, back to their world of Playmobil and Lego in the basement, and I caught up on some book reviews I needed to write. Then lunch.

A neighbor friend picked up a gallon of milk and some butter for us today on his shopping trip, and included some ice-cream bars for the girls, so after lunch they had some ice cream while we read a couple of chapters of On the Banks of Plum Creek. After that, the kids took long long long baths with bubble bath and bath bombs and their LOL dolls. Nothing like a day when they can play as long as they want to.

Since yesterday, Greta has been planning to cut words and letters out of magazines, so today--after a brief scuffle over who got what catalogs and old magazines--both girls listened to music in their rooms while cutting out a bunch of words and pictures. There was no clear purpose. Greta's project eventually took shape as a few animals and foods for them. Lucia put words together into poetry-like lines and phrases. I asked if she'd like to make some collages, and showed her a couple I'd made in the past, and she ran with it. A good crafty interlude.

Eggplant parmesan for dinner tonight. An innocuous episode of Little House, with drama around the procurement of a bell for the town church. We started a new puzzle. I dropped off some masks for a couple of neighbors. I added more things to my Wegmans cart. Is there a point where Instacart is going to cut me off? How many items is too many? Will I even receive the things I've selected? I've been hearing stories of people with enormous carts who receive like five items. It could happen.





Comments