Quarantine: Thurs. 4/16

Facebook memories are especially absurd right now. A year ago on this day, we were in London, having one of of most fun dinners out ever. Sigh.

But today was a good, if busy, day. The kids had a single focus today: rag dolls. We got started right after breakfast, using a pretty easy pattern I found online. It wasn't a complicated project, but there were a lot of steps and two kids to guide through all those steps, and then taking turns sewing all the pieces, and etc. It was a morning-long project, then we had lunch, and then we finished up in the afternoon. They turned out really cute. I want to make one myself now. Lucia made a little girl, and Greta made a cat. It's not Spring Break in London, but I think they'll remember making rag dolls during quarantine.

In the afternoon, while I got a little work done, they were back to making peg dolls in the basement. Now we're totally out of wooden pegs, so I'll have to figure out what our next craft will be. Maybe I'll teach them to crochet. Or maybe it's time to get out the weaving looms they got for Christmas...I really don't want to go back to homeschooling next week. We have so many other fun things to do.

The girls had Facetime piano lessons today too. After dinner tonight (pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw), Andrew took the kids and Farrah on a walk because I needed ten minutes of total silence to record a mini-podcast about The Distance from Four Points for an audio literary magazine. (I'm excited to share the mini-cast--coming soon.) Getting ten minutes of total silence is not an easy task, but we made it happen.










Comments