Quarantine: Sat. 4/18

The days are really blurring together here. Especially this week, without even a modicum of scheduling to differentiate one day from the next. It's a strange feeling. And it's exhausting. There is just no break. I have zero time alone. And there is a constant hum of ambient noise--Andrew on calls, the kids playing or fighting or scream-laughing, the dog barking. Constant constant constant. I haven't exercised in two full weeks even though I ostensibly have all day long to do it. It's just really hard to break away from all the tending, and I need to do a better job of it. Goal for the week.

I know a lot of people are saying that when this is all over they want to go to crowded restaurants and big parties and other boisterous gatherings. Me? I want a sensory deprivation tank. One of those things where you're immersed in a small tank of water and darkness. And then a hotel room for a couple of nights, where I can just be completely and totally alone. There will be no sound at all. No. Sound. At. All.

Everyone slept in ridiculously today. Except me, of course--I get up early every day so I can have some time to just sit and drink coffee and read a book by myself. It was brunch-time by the time everyone woke up, and I made a pan of baked French toast to use up some wheat bread the girls refused to use for sandwiches. We all worked on a new puzzle, we played Dragonwood, we took Farrah for a few walks, we all read a lot. Dinner was leftover pulled pork sandwiches. After dinner we watched Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Somehow, for a day of what seems like absolutely no activity, I'm completely and totally exhausted. Maybe it's the weather, gloomy and cold. The worst of April. Maybe it's the Groundhog Day feeling of just waking up and doing the same day again and again and again. Time to make the donuts. Time to make the donuts. (There may be only one person reading this blog who knows what that means.)










Comments