Quarantine: Fri. 4/3

Another week down! A morning of schoolwork. I made (boxed) cookie brownies. Andrew sat with us all morning and helped me figure out how to do all the uploading and assignment-completing I haven't been doing--marking things as finished in Classroom and uploading assignments by saving photos as PDFs and etc etc etc. I think we're caught up on everything now. Not that it matters too much, of course. The kids are fine and we're not going to stress too much.

Like every afternoon, the kids were totally free. The girls played with Playmobil for the entire day. I can't believe what a renaissance these toys are having. They were so mad today when they asked for a random hut that I got years ago at a yard sale and they literally NEVER played with--I donated it two years ago and they all but threw it into the bag. Now they are outraged that I got rid of it. But don't worry: we have more than enough Playmobil to get us through this quarantine.

I sewed face masks all afternoon. I'm still getting my technique down. Tonight I discovered a new tutorial, with a much better way of making the fabric ties--so I should be able to make these much faster going forward. I mailed the ones I made to my family and in-laws and a nurse friend today. Once I make more I'll donate some to local medical workers. Sewing kept me busy all day and I barely looked at the headlines. When I did finally look, later in the afternoon, it was just--nightmarish.

We watched Onward tonight--thank you, Disney+--and ordered pizza from a local place. Even at bedtime the kids were still trying to play with their tiny Playmobil people. It was a good day, low key. We're making our weekend plans now, which for some reason all involve nailing stuff into the walls. Lucia wants to drape long strands of finger knitting like a canopy across her entire ceiling. I want to hang all my circular weavings in one place. Good times. Exciting times. I'll also read and sew, and maybe we'll build a fire. CHARLES!



Comments