Quarantine: Sun. 4/5 and Mon. 4/6

It finally happened--I forgot to blog yesterday. I was searching for puzzles online and forgot to write. No matter. We had a nice Sunday, for the most part. Lucia made pancakes, we played Zombie Kidz, we did a puzzle, the kids played with Playmobil and ran around outside, we went for a bike ride. I picked up a grocery order from a local grocery store--I emailed my list last week, and they brought the bags out to my trunk without my having to get out of the car. We made baked tilapia, asparagus, and rice pilaf for dinner. A normal Sunday in lockdown.

Today it was back to homeschool. Andrew was able to schedule his day so he could help Lucia with math in the morning, which is great. Both kids worked till lunchtime and then Lucia had a little more to do after lunch. They played outside and with Playmobil for the rest of the afternoon. At four, Lucia and Andrew played a game of chess, and Greta and I worked on her Harry Potter Clocktower Lego set (she worked, I turned pages in the instructions). Then the kids practiced piano, we had leftovers for dinner, and we watched a Little House episode. Tonight Andrew and I had a zoom call with friends.

Not much else to report. There's a feeling of dread and dark anticipation in the air since this is supposed to be a terrible week in the NYC area. Everyone is just hunkering down, and wearing masks outside. I'm distracting myself from news by compulsively refreshing my Amazon Fresh cart to try to get a delivery slot, working on some book-related Q&A's (yep, still have a book coming out in the midst of a global crisis), and preparing to sew another round of masks.

Greta is actively planning how she can get a horse. Turning our garage into a stable is her current plan. Though she's quick to say she loves homeschooling, she is also really missing her teacher and was upset last night at the possibility of not seeing her again. It's hard not to know what's going to happen. I mean--we're pretty certain we're not going back to school, but quarantine has shown us that anything can happen, so who knows. But losing these months with her teacher, who she's had for two years, is something we can't make up for.

Lucia is still spying. She carries her "spy notebook" around in her mini backpack.

What we're reading:
Me: Just finished Sea Wife by Amity Gaige; starting Don't You Know I Love You by Laura Bogart
Andrew: still working on a boring historical tome of some kind, maybe about Churchill?
Lucia: Full of Beans by Jennifer Holm
Greta: Words on Fire by Jennifer Nielsen

What we're watching:
Reruns of The Office (we're still choosing our next show)
Anticipating the Schitt's Creek series finale tomorrow night







Comments